In these trying times, many of us are longing for a sense of stability and hope. It’s no secret to most of you that I firmly believe the rhythms and seasons of the natural world can provide deep and meaningful examples of this.
Beginning on February 13th, 2020, my friend and ordained minister, Rebecca Copeland, and I will be guiding a seven-month long series of retreats based on the book, “Earth, Our Original Monastery” by Christine Valters Paintner, abbess of the online Abbey of the Arts. Each month, we will meet (hopefully!) at the beautiful Bon Secours Retreat and Conference Center in Marriottsville, Maryland for a half day in-person retreat to explore aspects of each chapter of the book. In between, we will meet via Zoom for a two hour teaching and check-in session. Our in person gatherings will include art making, contemplative walks, labyrinth walks, writing exercises, herbal activities all with the purpose of deepening our connections: to each other, to God through his creation and to our own beautiful selves.
This group is perfect for you if you are:
• Feeling weary and in need of perspective, refreshment and encouragement
• Looking to experience the wonder and calm of the natural world in new, healing ways
• Hoping to find meaningful and lasting practices to care for yourself and others
• Open to investigating spiritual traditions that may be different from your own
• Wanting to be among gentle and affirming others with similar interests
Cost is $300 for the full seven month, 15 session series.